The Fauquier County Architectural Review Board (ARB) was established in 1976 in conformance with a resolution adopted by the Board of Supervisors pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 22, Title 15.2 of the Code of Virginia. The mission of the ARB is to protect against the deterioration, destruction, and encroachment upon Fauquier County historic properties and cultural areas and to encourage uses that lead to their continuance, conservation, and improvement.
Tải game bắn cáThe Architectural Review Board is charged with specific duties, including but not limited to:
- advising and assisting the Board of Supervisors, the Planning Commission and other County departments and agencies in matters involving historically significant sites and buildings, such as appropriate land use on and around historic properties;
- conducting studies deemed necessary to discern the best means of preserving and utilizing historic assets in the County; and
- providing public preservation education for Fauquier County citizens and advising historic property owners regarding the best treatment options for historic resources.
CompositionThe ARB is comprised of seven (7) regular and voting members, all of whom must be Fauquier County residents with a demonstrated knowledge of and interest in the preservation of historic and architectural landmarks. One member is required to serve from each of the five County magisterial districts; another member is required to represent the Planning Commission; and the last member is designated citizen-at-large.
The Architectural Review Board is established pursuant to Article 14, Part 3 of the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance.
Tải game bắn cáBoard member terms are four years.
The ARB generally meets monthly. For details on the next meeting, call (540) 422-8210, or subscribe to the Architectural Review Board e-Notification service.
Department of Community Development
10 Hotel Street
Warrenton, VA 20186
Phone: (540) 422-8210
|John (Jack) LaMonica||Marshall District||09/14/2021|
Cedar Run District
|G. Robert Lee||
|Bryan Jacobs||Lee District||01/14/2023|
|Mary M. Root
Wendy Wheatcraft, Planner
Department of Community Development (Staff Lead)
Fauquier County Historic Preservation Award
The Architectural Review Board (ARB) presents the Fauquier County Historic Preservation Award annually to a deserving individual, group, organization, or business that has made a significant contribution to the preservation and/or protection of historic resources in Fauquier County. Nominations are accepted through March 31. An award recipient is selected in May. To review the award criteria and see a list of potential project examples, click on the following link.
Do you know a Fauquier County resident, organization, or group deserving of this award? Submit an Award Nomination! See the link below.
- Walking Tour Brochures, Cemetery I.D. form, and other past projects
- Historic Preservation in Fauquier County
- Application for Appointment to Committee
Meeting Schedule and Agendas
Select the All Past link below to view previous agendas and minutes.