Coronavirus updates are available on the Emergency Event Information Page.

A Building Permit is required for construction of a new house, additions and renovations/alterations to an existing house, construction of outbuildings and also for certain accessory structures such as tanks, and retaining walls.   A Zoning Permit is also required for most work, including some interior renovations.  The County utilizes a combined Building/Zoning Permit Application to allow the application for both Building and Zoning permits to be filed simultaneously.  Significant construction may also require a Land Disturbing Permit.  

Tải game bắn cáFor more detailed guidance on particular types of residential projects follow the links below. 

New Dwelling Finishing Basements
Additions Decks/Porches
Accessory Structures   Pools, Spas, Hot-Tubs
Renovations/Alterations   Demolitions

Trade Permits
(Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical)



Applicable Codes and Standards

2015 Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC)
2015 Virginia Residential Code (VRC)

Tải game bắn cáFauquier County has also published technical guides and details to assist applicants with the process

Emergency Repairs

Where equipment replacements and repairs must be performed in an emergency situation, the permit application shall be submitted the next business day.  For example, during winter, essential heating equipment can be replaced if the building is occupied or the lack of heat may cause damage.  During summer, AC equipment may be replaced if the occupants would suffer health risk.


No results found.