Coronavirus updates are available on the Emergency Event Information Page.

Do I need a permit?

Permits are typically not required for ordinary repairs, such as: replacing toilets and sinks, replacing electrical fixtures and switches or replacing electrical appliances.  No permit is required as long as the appliances and/or fixtures are not being moved and are similar to those being replaced.

A permit is required if you appliance or fixture is moving, or if it is a fuel fired appliance.res. trades1

Complete application icon

To apply for a residential electrical, plumbing or mechanical permit you will need:

  1. Building Trades Application completed and signed (zoning approval typically not required)

  2. Fees:  A permit for a single trade is $66.30.   A permit covering multiple trades is $66.30 per trade.  (See fee schedule for more information.) Fees are payable by exact cash, credit card or check – starter checks will NOT be accepted. Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard & Discover and will only be accepted in person. A convenience fee of 2.5% will be added to all credit card transactions.  

Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical permits are processed by submitting a complete application that describes in detail the work that will be performed. No plans are required to be submitted with the permit application; code compliance is verified during inspection.  Trade permits are issued "over the counter," the same day the application is received.


During the construction/installation process inspections are required. See Inspections for more details.


No results found.