The Fauquier County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for the safety and security of four courtrooms in three different court buildings. Circuit Court located at 40 Culpeper Street and its Clerk’s Office, in the rear of the building at 29 Ashby Street. General District Court located at 6 Court Street. Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court located at 14 Main Street.
In order to maintain security in all 3 of these buildings, The Fauquier County Sheriff’s Office utilizes metal detectors, an x-ray machine and hand held metal detectors to search for weapons and other prohibited items.
Tải game bắn cáMaintaining the safety and security of all persons that enter these courthouses is paramount. So any item that comes into the courthouse will be searched. This is to include purses, wallets, briefcases, backpacks, packages and any other item that could potentially conceal a weapon.
The search, or screening process, will require you to:
1. Surrender any item you are carrying to the deputy at the security post for examination.
2. Empty pockets, placing the contents in the container provided by the deputy.
3. Walk through the metal detector. If the audible alarm sounds, the deputy at the security post will use the hand held wand to discover the exact cause of the alarm. Once the cause of the alarm has been detected you will be allowed to proceed into the courthouse.
- Attorneys may bypass the security screening once they have presented a valid Virginia State Bar identification card along with a valid photo identification.
Prohibited Items are as follows: Code of Virginia 18.2-283.1
Tải game bắn cáPhones, any type of audio or video recording devices, guns, stun guns, pocketknives, box cutters, scissors, pepper spray, mace, glass bottles, handcuffs or handcuff keys or any type of flammable or explosive materials are not allowed in the courthouses. See 18.2-283.1 Code of Virginia.
Tải game bắn cáTo avoid delay, leave any questionable item in your vehicle or at home. If you do forget to leave a prohibited item at home, i.e., cell phone or pocketknife and bring it into the courthouse, lockers are provided with conditions:
Tải game bắn cá1. The Fauquier County Sheriff’s Office is not responsible for items left in the lockers.
2. You must leave your name and point of contact, (other than the cell phone in the locker) on a provided contact card and place it in the locker with the prohibited item.
Tải game bắn cá3. If you leave and forget the items in the lockers, a deputy will contact the number left in the locker explaining how to get your items back.
Your cooperation with deputies during this process is greatly appreciated. Please understand security is in place for YOU. Deputies operate with clearly defined instructions for the intended purpose of providing a safe environment for all visitors to the courthouses as well as courthouse staff.
Tải game bắn cáFor more information or questions, please contact the Court Security Supervisors via email:
1st Sergeant Chris Myers
Sergeant Jason Anns
Corporal Charles Embrey