The next Social Services Advisory Board meeting is scheduled for December 21st at 4:00 pm in the DSS first floor conference room.
TEMPORARY CLOSUREIn response to COVID-19, Fauquier County Department of Social Services (DSS) is closed to the public. The agency will continue to provide services and accept Child Protective Services (CPS)/Adult Protective Services (APS) referrals. Should you need additional information or wish to speak with a staff member, please visit our website at fauquiercounty.gov or call us at 540-422-8400.
Thank you for your patience at this time.
ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES (APS)
24-Hour Hotline: 1-888-832-3858
Apply for Benefits:
CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES (CPS)
24-Hour Hotline: 1-800-552-7096
DOMESTIC/FAMILY VIOLENCE (DV) &
SEXUAL ASSAULT (SA)
24-Hour Hotline: 1-800-838-8238
MEDICAL ASSISTANCE (MEDICAID)
Apply for or Renew Medicaid Only:
Call 1-855-242-8282, TDD 1-888-221-1590
SNAP ELECTRONIC BENEFIT TRANSFER (EBT)
Call 1-866-281-2448 to Replace an EBT Card
PAPER APPLICATIONS AND FORMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE INFO BOXES (RED-LIDS), AND CAN BE PLACED IN THE WHITE DSS DROP BOX TO THE LEFT OF THE FRONT DOOR
PAPER APPLICATIONS AND FORMS MAY ALSO BE SENT BY FAX TO 540-422-8449
The mission of the Department of Social Services is people helping people overcome adversity to secure strong futures for themselves, their families and communities. The purpose is to assist families in maintaining or achieving self-sufficiency, protect vulnerable adults and children from abuse and neglect, provide benefits to meet basic needs and cooperate with other organizations in promoting the general welfare of the citizens of Fauquier County.
What's New in Social Services?
Fauquier County Residents can now apply for Social Services benefits online: Please visit the CommonHelp website to apply online for services
- Adoption and Foster Care Lending Library
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) FAQ's for VA Residents
- PPACA Resource Directory
- Fauquier Community Food Bank and Thrift Store
- Fauquier Community Resources Guide
- Fauquier Educational Farm
- Fauquier FISH (Food Pantry)
- Fauquier Free Clinic
- 2-1-1 Virginia "Get Connected. Get Answers"
Tải game bắn cáVisit the page below for additional information on all State programs and to file an application:
- Am I Eligible for Assistance?
- Aging Together
- Dept. of Medical Assistance Services
- Family Access to Medical Insurance Security Plan (FAMIS)
- Fauquier Alliance for Youth
- Nursing Home Search Assistance
- Office for Victims of Crime Act
- Physician Referral and Community Link
- Safe Sleep for Your Baby
- Seniors Health and Aging Information Resource
- Shadow Lawn Senior Center - General Information
- The United Way First Call for Help
- Virginia Department of Social Services
- Virginia's Resource for Health and Aging
- Circuit Rider: call 341-3464